Share | 

How to use rez mods, for dummies!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anti
ADMIN TEAM
ADMIN TEAM

PostSubject: How to use rez mods, for dummies!   Sun May 20, 2012 4:16 pm

We have many guide on how to make, but none on how to use. The information in this guide should be able to help those noobs who keep spamming on how to use these

Side note: I did not understand how to use rez mods at first either. We all start from somewhere

another side note: there is a video for this made by Norton, a valuable member here. I will post it in a minute
YouTube - HowTo inject mods/etc.
there is the link for it

The guide:

Congratulations! You found out about Rez Modding, an unpatchable hack that uses only the things that nexon has already provided for you (and one tool, possibly two)
Except, there are all of these threads in the forum that say "inject into so and so". What the hell does that mean?
This guide will clear up some confusion that some of Gamekiller's valuable members have

Understanding what rez mods are:
When you ran the Combat Arms installer, it put all of the games files on your main drive on your computer (some computers have a c drive and some a d drive). Some of these files are .Rez Files, which can be located under C or \Nexon\Combat Arms\Game. For a while, we knew what these files did but did not understand how they worked. Then, Black Angel, a Combat Arms hacker, found out that they were actually a compressed folder of sorts. These folders hold almost all of the information in the game. Every 3 dimensional model is in a rez file. Every color is in a rez file. Every gun is in a rez file. so on and so on.
Rez mods take some of the files in the rez folders, change them, and put them back in the game.

How they work:
What if Combat Arms loads the files of a G36E instead of an M16A3?
That's how they work

What rez mods can and cannot do (as far as we know):
Can control:
Spray pattern (if you were to hold the gun in one spot, where the bullets would go)
rate of fire (how fast the gun fires)
weight of the weapon
accuracy
how fast you move

What it cannot control:
damage
recoil

Understanding LTB mods:
In the rez files, there are two types of files that are used for rez mods. One of them is an LTB and the other is a DTX. I will talk about DTX files later.
LTB files are the three dimensional models of the gun. For some reason, Nexon made it so that they control the stats of the gun as well. Just remember, LTB file downloads are the files that work as hacks

Understanding DTX files:
DTX files are texture files, or how the object looks. Some rez mods are DTX file mods. With these mods, you can turn a gun purple or a person green, or anything any color. Just remember, DTX file downloads control how something looks

How to get a rez mod:
Okay. You are convinced. But where do you get the gosh darn thing? Well, Gamekiller has over 200 rez mods readily available to you, FOR FREE! Free hacks! What can be better then that?
Find a thread with rez mods in it. Threads that have rez mods available in them usually have the words "rez mods" or "release" in the title of them.
Be sure to read the instructions posted by the maker of the rez mod, you WILL need them. Put the file on your desktop.

How to install one:
BlackAngel
Go to that website. You will need one tool for all of this (possibly two, explained later). Download RezInject. Put RezInject on your desktop.

Double click on RezInject. The program should pop up with a little advertisement. Wait for the advertisement to go away. Remember the instructions that I told you to remember? Hit browse on the top right corner, double click "Computer" (or enter C or \), double click Nexon, double click Game. Now, here is where the instructions become important. You need to choose the file that the instructions told you to choose. If it said GUNS_M_PV_AR, select that, if it said CHARS_T_BODY, select that. When you selected the right one, click ok.

Now, you should be on the main display of RezInject. On the bottom right corner of RezInject, there is a button that says "add". Click it. Double click desktop. Select the LTB or DTX file that you just downloaded. (If you downloaded more then one and it is for the SAME rez file, you can inject both at the same time). Once selected, click ok. You should now be on the main screen of RezInject now. In the list, there should be the name of the file and under status, it should say "OK". If it says "Not Found", you did something wrong and you should check the instructions of the person who made the rez mod. If it says "OK", Press the button on the bottom that says "Inject". Exit out of RezInject.

BUT WAIT, YOU ARE NOT DONE

Click on the Windows button on the bottom left of your monitor, click computer, double click your main drive, double click Nexon, double click Game. There should be a new file there with the file extension (the letters after the dot in the name) of .rezNEW. important: do NOT delete the rezNEW file. Here comes the tricky part, delete the rez file that you just injected. If you injected GUNS_M_PV_AR, delete that, if you injected CHARS_T_BODY, delete that. YES, DELETE IT. YOU READ IT RIGHT. THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE CAN. Now, remember that .rezNEW file? Right click on it and select "rename". BE CAREFUL ON THIS PART! Delete the NEW part so that it is just rez, do NOT change it in any other way. If you accidentally delete the name, do NOT click out of it, just hold down control and press z. Delete only the NEW part. There should be a warning, click OK or Accept.

Congratulations! You just did your first rez mod! Go kick some n00b ass!

If something is wrong, please read the FAQs.

FAQs:

1) The file I downloaded is a .RAR file. What the hell is that? HELP ME!!
A .RAR file is an archive file, it is compressed so that it is more easily downloadable and uploadable.
7-Zip
At that website, you can download a FREE program that will get your hack out of the .RAR archive. Install the program and restart. once you restart, you can right click on the .RAR archive on your desktop and click "Extract files here" which will put the LTB/DTX file on your desktop

2) Can I trust these mods? Will I get viruses?
Each .rez modder on these forums is REQUIRED to have a virus scan included in the information with the instructions. Along with the virus scan, each .rez modder is REQUIRED to get acceptance from a staff member or Eclipse (and Asasen5's opinion is valued somewhere between highly and extremely, along ith vanadr's)
There is a 0% chance of you getting a virus from one of our .rez mods here at Gamekiller. We strive to be 100% virus free.

3) I followed the instructions EXACTLY. The thing said OK. I changed rezNEW to rez, I have the weapon/item equipped in game and tried to use it, and it doesn't work.

If that is the case, you may post a question about that mod on the person's thread making sure that the mod DOES IN FACT work. More then likely, you messed up somewhere along the process.

4) I get some weird error saying "exception error" (or something along the lines of)

You need to install the latest version of .Net Framework. Download .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and More on MSDN
It is the link that says "install it now"
Unfortunately, it is a rather large download and you need to restart your computer. It is, however, really nice to have. Your computer's performance should increase quite a bit.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post here.

affraid ADMIN affraid

C++ coder

Embarassed MY Repect Goes To S3XY! tongue
Back to top Go down
http://y3t1.motionsforum.com
C++ Pro Coder
ADMIN TEAM
ADMIN TEAM

PostSubject: thank you so much   Sun May 20, 2012 5:45 pm

im going to make a cham rez mod and show you affraid affraid affraid albino
Back to top Go down
C++ Pro Coder
ADMIN TEAM
ADMIN TEAM

PostSubject: lol   Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm

well thanjs for the insite may put time in to do research for it

PostSubject: bagman   Sun May 27, 2012 7:07 pm

ill help you make some chams those are easy

Back to top Go down
Anti
ADMIN TEAM
ADMIN TEAM

PostSubject: Re: How to use rez mods, for dummies!   Sun May 27, 2012 8:01 pm

BagMan wrote:
ill help you make some chams those are easy
i bet you would what do you know how to do>? bag man geek

affraid ADMIN affraid

C++ coder

Embarassed MY Repect Goes To S3XY! tongue
Back to top Go down
http://y3t1.motionsforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use rez mods, for dummies!   

Back to top Go down

How to use rez mods, for dummies!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1